Tuesday, August 28, 2012

checking in...August 28

Yep...still here and happy to say I am now 2/3 done quilting Max's quilt.  It certainly reflects my long break from quilting but I think a 1 year old won't mind if the quilting is not perfect!
We met my son for dinner last night as his family are out of state visiting family.  How wonderful to be able to sit and chat and catch up!  He works more hours as he climbs the management ladder and so time with him is very special.

I have been in the accepting mode of having my sons be in the prime of their careers and dedicated to spending their spare time with their families and/or their personal interests,..leaving me behind as they live their adult lives.
We age, we change, we evolve on into our lives..time moves on.  I love my sons and know it's not that they love me any less...it's how life is...we grow up beyond our immediate family circle, creating our own families and that cycle goes on...and on...

I am enjoying my gradual return to being creative via quilting...I am reading blogs and my favorite group email list..gaining that sense of quilter community and "catching up".
I marvel at how many quilters can accomplish so much!  The amazing quilting going on is so inspiring!

I am doing a lot of book  reading ,  just finished Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.    It's based loosely on the takeover of the Embassy in Peru back in the late 90's...when my sweetie flew in to visit friends who lived in the city there.  I can remember hearing on the news about it and knowing she was on a plane headed into that crisis.  It seems a very long time ago now.   I have to say I agreed  with her, it is really a good read and yes, sad.

Tonight I need to spend some time in the yard as I pretty much ignored it this last weekend and worked on clearing up clutter out in the garage-I am closer to putting my car back inside!  It takes a lot of time when you go through a box of keepsakes and decide most of it can be tossed...I am determined to go through these boxes rather than just shove them into another holding area...I really need to pare down and I find the end of summer, going into autumn to be a time when I have the focus to be effective.

Ok...time to get dressed for work and shift into the work world mode!  

Hope your day is filled with all that is wonderful !!!

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Quiltdivajulie said...

Spent this evening with eldest son and his friends celebrating birthday #34 (his wife is overseas on business travel). Yes, they do grow up and move on and we are blessed to live in the same town. Maybe not forever, but we love sharing the times now.

Best to you!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Sounds like you are firing on all cylinders in the many facets of your life--finding the time to slowly tend to some of the tasks that are waiting for you.

Getting closer to done on the baby's quilt too! Way to go, Nonna!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home