Saturday, September 21, 2013

another donation quilt finish

Today brought to completion another quilted ready to be sent off donation quilt for wraptheminlove-see sidebar for link.  I had bought two sets of "I Spy" squares many years ago.  Turns out one set was 6 inches cut and the other set 5 inches cut.  My challenge was to figure out a way to use them and make it all come out  close to 40 inches by 60 inches.  The finished quilt  came out 39 inches by 57 inches, close enough!  This quilt puts me to almost halfway to my goal for this year.  Meaning, this is quilt number 6 and I am aiming for 13.  I have the next quilt pinned ready for quilting in the morning.  

For much of today my FAB pal Norma was also working on a quilt top.  As luck would have it, we both completed our projects within minutes of each other!  We use skype to chat as we stitch along so it was easy to know each other's progress.  Added bonus, we are both in the same time zone.  

So here is the finished quilt:



I promised an updated photo of our yard...this is bark dust being blown in.  I hope the weather is not rainy when I have time to take photos of the end result after they were done and all was swept up!



Time to go curl up with a book and relax!  

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on your finish! It's awesome! and the forever owner will have fun with all the ISPY's!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Your I Spy quilt will make some little one very happy! I think I recognize some of the fabrics--they may still be part of my stash LOL. The yard looks great!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

You are on a roll, Cher! What a mess on that bark dust so I hope they swept it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home