Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wimoweh....the lion sleeps tonight...

yes, I bought and downloaded this song to my ipod...I wanted to hear the lyrics and use part of them as words in my borders...and yes, the top is done-but, no photos (sorry quilt pixie!) until I get the borders on. Another learning curve about to start *vbg*....I will say I am happy with the top...although I ended up going a totally different direction than I first had thought. evolving is a good thing!

Now I have piles of African stash all over this room to clean up....I am taking this opportunity to fold them sort of Lois Hallock-style of the book Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space method. So far I have two beautifully folded pieces of yardage...then I have to go empty a fabric shelf to put them on when I am done :-) leading to more folding...hmmm, no, no - they need to go back to the bin out in the garage-all nicely folded of course. I will label the bin and get back to more important stuff on the to do list. Too bad I have to leave and do stuff....but that includes lunch with M which will be a nice break.

6 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Debra Dee said...

So hows about a picture of your neatly folded fabric, placed in it's properly marked bin in your garage? I only want to see that I am not the only wild woman who has bunches of bins stacked in the garage. Saftely in numbers I guess.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Cher...I owe you one...that song has gone over and over and over in my head...I think I will try to pass it on to Ed, then he will owe you one too

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

lions sleeping... now I'm really curious to see this quilt!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

I haven't heard that song for years. I'm going to have to pass it along to Chuck, too. We'll all be after you. ;)

I just ordered the book you mentioned and "Dream Sewing Spaces." Thanks for mentioning the book since it inspired a fun trip to Amazon.com.

Hugs.
Darilyn

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Finn said...

I can hardly wait to see the creation. Often the process is kind of like, "a strange thing happened on the way to the quilt I thought I was making, and now I'm so surprised at what I've done"...LOL

I do love that song tho, but it sticks like glue in your head!!!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I love that song! (I have it on an "Animal Planet" CD - all animal songs similar to that one, but that one is my fav!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home