Tuesday, February 14, 2006

blooming 9 patch photo

This is not from the guild show-but not a bad shot either of this quilt on our bed. I took in most of my fabrics from my floral stash and we added maybe two more from the shop to help transition between the colors I used. My label says I pieced it in 2001-but I know I took the class in 2000-this was the first ufo I finished from the many classes I took in 2000. It was quilted by Merline McLoughlin-my most favorite "local" longarm quilter.
I need to find a good place to take photos of my larger quilts-that will have to happen at a later date.

I swore I would never make another of these-however, I will be making tons of those tiny (to me) three inch finished nine patches sometime this year when I start in earnest on my Jack's Chain. In the meanwhile, there are other projects ahead of that one.

Time to quit playing on the computer and settle down to some hand quilting. It's a relaxing way to spend the evening. First a bit more packing.
It's been a busy and fun day. I don't want to be scrambling come morning.

12 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty. I really like this pattern but the idea of 3 inch nine patch blocks doesn't appeal.

Still I might have to give it a go one day - I bought the book Tradition with a twist a couple years ago after seeing my first one.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Patti said...

This pattern is growing and growing on me after seeing so many pictures posted. I want to find time to make one!

Love the Zoe photo!

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wonderful use of that floral fabric... I have about 4 yards of something similar and this quilt pattern just might be the ticket - next winter! Spring is fast approaching and I am thinking about my flower gardens now!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Cher, I don't recall seeing this finished. Last time I saw this it was just a bunch of strips, a few 9 patches and various stacks of fabric. Wow...I love it! So glad you posted for all to see.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Lovely quilt (& not just because I am partial to blue & yellow quilts.)

How was it quilted? (Which panto? meander? something else?)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Debra Dee said...

WOW! Your quilt is BLOOMING beautiful. I really, really want to make one this summer. Thank you SO much for sharing your quilt.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blooming 9-patch is just gorgeous! Lovely!

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is just lovely! How brave to tackle those tiny (IMHO) pieces!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors, too.

And we used to have a 120 pound lab that thought he was a lap dog. I used to laugh until I cried because he would "sneak" up onto your lap. He really thought he wouldn't notice that he crawled up on our lap. LOL

Thank you for sharing the great picture.
Hugs.
Darilyn

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Marilyn said...

I absolutely LOVE the bloomin' 9-patch pattern and your version is beautiful. I need to make one for our house soon!

Marilyn

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rhodent said...

You are welcome to photograph them AND store them on my bed any time!
<:8 )~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home