Sunday, April 16, 2006

got to love the weekend

Just Chatting:

Saturday I met with Patti of Vancouver and stash ring member at a lqs shop south of where I live. She was a great sport and did some extra driving to meet up with me. We had a wonderful time doing show and tell of our quilts and then some stash enhancement time! Yes, it is all her fault I had to bring this fabic home with me!


And I do have a quilt project in mind for it too. At any rate, we then drove to one of my favorite places to eat-checked out the huge crowd and ended up trying a new cafe for lunch. We had a lovely chat, drinking coffee and waiting for our food. Then it was off to another quilt shop a block away-stopping at a fun import shop half way along (another shopping opportunity not to be bypassed) and another lovely quilt shop experience. I bought the rest of the bolt-not quite 3 yards of the yellow swirly batik I used in the wonky village when the owner said her suppliers told her no more yellow batiks for at least ten months...I mean, really, what is a quilter to do? but buy the rest of that gorgeous fabric. After all, I used every scrap from the fat quarter I had bought of it and was wishing I had bought more. So despite rain showers as we dashed from place to place it was truly a fun visit. I look forward to going up to her guild meeting and enjoying their program next month.

Sunday: sleeping in, a surprise breakfast basket left on our doorstep by a neighbor, the sun coming out and hours spent playing in the garden. And, to top it off, we went downtown to see the latest Cirque Du Soleil show, Varekai. It was by far our favorite one since they have been playing here in Portland. We bought the dvd so we can catch all those parts going on besides the main act in front of you...and the music was wonderful, and the costumes - fantastic!! The best part, our tickets were front row...so we really got to see the performers as close as possible. It truly was a WOW time-if you are ever able, do go and see a performance...it is a unique experience. http://www.cirquedusoleil.com

Life is Good:

my aunt did great through her surgery

a laughter filled evening with my son and his wife

buds on the dogwood tree

8 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

So - many cheery yellow batik blocks will come from your hands in the future ? Enjoy :-)

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend - and you did so many different things too. It rained here too...

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

fun, activity filled weekend! Did you and Patti leave anything behind at the quilt shops?

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Finn said...

What a great weekend it sounds like you had..*VBS* Absolutely perfect!

Hurray for finding more of your yellow batik..sounds like it was destined "to be yours"..can argue with the Universe. Gotta take it if you find it...doesn't count as stash building....honest!!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Cher,
Sounds like you had fun at the lqs...good for you for shopping!!! LOL
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! And how much fun to meet Patti! I can't wait to go shopping next week in paducah!

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! Lovely fabric....

We took Princess Girl to see Varekai about 2 years ago, and as much fun as the show was watching HER watch the show!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Oh what a fun weekend, Cher! I couldn't think of anything better than a new friend, coffee, and fabric! And a rainshower...but most say that I'm just weird!

And glad to hear that your great weekend didn't stop there...I always love your "Life is Good!" Sounds like it was just what you needed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home