Thursday, June 08, 2006

photos tomorrow!

As so many of you have commented, getting into a new schedule of work and play takes a bit of time to acheive. I finally sat down last night and machine stitched the binding onto the Texas baby quilt and got the hand stitching started. I will work on it during my lunch half hour, at small group tonight, and then when I get home later. I probably will get it done late tonight as I leave on retreat tomorrow and don't want to drag it along. I have other hand work I can do with the gals. So, I figure I will be able to post a photo tomorrow morning before I leave. I have so enjoyed working on this quilt. The sheer joy I have felt has really reminded me of why I quilt-I just love doing it so much! And, what I also realized is how much more I enjoy quilting when I don't have a pressure dead line. Of course, I do have some deadline projects-hard to avoid when you want to make someone a quilt for an occasion. The ufo I am taking on retreat will end up being a wedding gift-it fits what the bride has asked for (this is the church part, they married at city hall earlier) and I was so happy to figure this out! So, scrap bin, ufo, and a hand project plus pooh baby fabric -that is what I am taking to play with during retreat. There are some group things I can do as well-so I may take something to join in for that as well. This way I have enough choices I won't get bored and will make progress where I want.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

I can't wait to see the quilt! And have fun on your retreat! Aren't they fun!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Finn said...

I'm sure you will have an absolutely wonderful time, probably all the more so, for the new working schedule!

My hats off to you, for jumping back into the work force. Please look away while I run the other direction.Discipline is such a hard master..*G*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home