Friday, June 16, 2006

computer glitches

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded our virus/security program. It took all my time yesterday morning and more last night. Then it would not allow me into blog sites-including my own! wrestled a bit and then decided I was too tired to deal with it. This morning I was pretty determined to figure it out-I just hate it when I feel the computer is smarter than me! I do believe I have solved the problem. Although it is still giving me a hard time...sheesh. Work is sucking up a lot of energy and time. I only work 8 hours...but, that is lost quilting time! Plus the time to commute there and home-more lost time! I am thrilled to be doing this job...it is exactly my dream job and all the people there are great. Best of all my boss and I are on the same wavelength-which means when I tell her we need to do such and such, her response is go for it ! It really is great to work "for" someone that shows you respect and support like that.
So- the other big thing I did last night was finish putting away retreat stuff and clearing my sewing table for action. The machine is set up again-the music is ready-the two quilt tops and their borders are waiting. With any luck I may actually sew a border on tonight! And I will take a photo of the white elephant I won too. This weekend is pretty busy with non quilty stuff to get done.

4 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cher - bosses like that are very few and far between - you probably only get one or two in your entire lifetime - make the most of it :o)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hello *VBS* Good to see you posting again. What a week huh?? I have to say that I upgraded my virus and security stuff back in March, and am sooo glad I did. BUT...it's huge program and it seems to "own" my computer now...LOL

Last Friday my sister conned me into downloading the Yahoo Messenger..talk about a hostile takeover! I had more bells and whistle than I could handle..4 new icons I didn't want, and a Yahoo email thingy that "beeped" at me every time an email came in. Needless to say, I dumped that IM first thing Saturday morning...LOL. Hope you don't have to go that drastic with your upgrade! Hugs, Finn

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Shoot, I renewed our virus subscription a week ago, but can't get our version to "synch" up with the site and know that it's been renewed. aaaghh computers.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Cher, I am sure that all this hassle was from the Windows upgrade because mine started doing the same danged thing after I installed the newest 8 or 9. I don't have the same virus protection that you do so that has got to be it. The security warning screens even on your own blog and every one else's that you read--click yes and the thing won't close until you repeatedly click it. What's up with that?

I went back to a system restore and told the thing not to do any auto updating for now.

Like Tonya said aaaaaaagh, computers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home