Friday, June 23, 2006

gone for the weekend

I have yet to fix my latest computer glitch and will leave work early today so we can try and beat some of the traffic as we drive "over the hill" to the beach. Our neice is getting married (2nd time) tomorrow-offically. They married at City Hall on Halloween (it was special to them!) and my sweetie was there. This is the church event and party for the rest of us family and friends who missed that brief event earlier.
I am getting my quilted wonky village wallhanging back today...with zero time to stitch the binding so I can hand stitch it during the drive time....argh. I am seriously considering leaving work an hour earlier just to get that done...I know you all would be thinking the same thing...however, I did not pack last night and now I am running out of before work time...so I think I will throw in my travel sewing machine and find time tonight to stitch binding...you think my sweetie will notice? Well, guess I will have to see how much room is in the van. Ok...so-lots to do in the next 30 minutes...and back sometime on Sunday...everyone enjoy the weekend!

5 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hope all goes as planned and you don't stitch through your finger..*G*

Have a marvelous time at the wedding, will look for you back here Sunday night or whenever..Hugs, Finn *VBS*

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

hope there are no "bumps" along the road.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Hope you two have a great time this weekend and see you when you get back!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Gosh - I almost always travel with my sewing machine in the trunk - whenever I leave it behind I wish I had it! Have a great weekend - sounds like a fun time off.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

how nice, we thought about doing that too, but we never would have gotten around to the "official" one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home