Thursday, June 29, 2006

baby Alice



Here she is: 2 days old. She stayed longer at the hospital than her mom and dad-as she had to go under the "bili lights" to deal with a bit of jaundice, coming home the next day however. I was told she slept best when I held her-apparently Alice finds me quite calming :-) I was baby holder while they both took a much deserved nap and in fact my son was still sleeping when I finally left tonight. It's nice to have a baby around but I won't be losing any sleep tonight *vbg* I dropped off the pooh quilt which was a big hit and it was immediately put in the washer so Alice could be using it soon. She is about five and a half pounds and quite a snuggler. I think spending time with Alice is going to be taking up a lot of my free time for quite a while-it's nice to be able to offer advice and support to new parents. Mostly I tell them they will all learn to be a family together. Life just doesn't get any sweeter than a new grandbaby!

I did mention this was the first of many quilts for the baby princess...guess I will be adding to that pink stash after all lol.

20 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger dot said...

What a beautiful baby. Congrats to you and Mom and Dad.

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

Congratulations - beautiful baby !

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

She's gorgeous - couldn't you just gobble her right up :o) New babies are so special

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

Congratulations--what a beautiful baby! And of course she liked you holding her--they know their grandmas! :) What fun times ahead. I guess I don't have to tell you to enjoy every second!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see some pink quilts!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

OH Cher - so is so adorable! And jsut a wonderful size to hold and cuddle! Yup, I would say go spend time with her and don't worry about anything else getting done! Oh I miss them little like that!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

There is nothing better than a new born baby and she is exceptionally cute. Looking forward to seeing more of her.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Baby Alice is gorgeous, Cher! She's going to be the luckiest granddaughter to have you as her Gram! Enjoy!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

She's adorable and you are going to have such a great time making quilts for her!! :)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Wow..what else can I say...beautiful baby, lucky grandma..*VBS* I think you'll find that "kid" prints take on a whole new meaning now...*VBS* From ballet to Barbies to bug bottles..the sky's the limit. So nice to see her, I'm looking forward to many more pictures, Hugs, Finn

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Holly said...

She's gorgeous, Cher, congratulations!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

What a doll baby! Congratulations to your entire family.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Shellie said...

How beautiful and such a sweet name! She's so tiny too.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Grandma! She is precious!

Jeanne

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

Congratulations Cher.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Cogratulations! What a sweetheart!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Awwwww, what a cutie!

*putting fingertips to my forehead*

I think I see... is it a dress? No, it's jammies... and a quilt... and matching pillows... no... it's ALL of the above in her future!

One of my most favorite things I got from a sewing grandmother was a stuffed lamb sitting on a pillow - and underneath the pillow there was a zipper, with a 'secret' pocket, to hide my pj's in when I made the bed!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

YOur granddaughter is beautiful, and what a great mom you are being baby holder while new parents got some rest. Can you come to Ireland and hold my 2 year old, I need some rest, LOL!

I need to catch up on my reading too, I've been overwhelmed by life these days!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Thanks for sharing a photo!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

A baby! So sweet! Congratulations!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home