Monday, June 19, 2006

white elephant



Isn't this sweet? It's 12.5 inches by 12.5 inches roughly. I did not pin it very straight, I assure you it is perfectly square. I am going to have to stitch a small label on the back when I find out who made it. I will take it along to guild night and ask for the person that made it to contact me. The tail, eye, and tusk are all embroidered by hand.

I fixed my computer glitch-beware of windows auto updates...they can sure give you some unexpected curve balls!

I quilted up the baby pooh quilt last night and will stitch the binding on tonight. I changed my mind on the zigzag application and think I can do what I want in a simple and fast manner. I am eager to have it done and get back to those borders on the wedding top. After that, I will of course have to sort out a backing, make the binding, and put it aside for the longarm quilter. As much as I want to dive into another quilty project...I am going to dive into my scrap bin and do some cutting -that goal has been on my list month after month. Did I mention a very sweet gal at retreat pulled all the scraps out, put them together by color, and folded them all neatly? It seems so much easier to tackle now thanks to her! There is a ufo in there of the African scraps ala mile a minute/crumb block starts to put into their own project box. At any rate, it will provide a real change of pace as I ponder the next few projects I want to work on next.

5 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

what a wonderful block. Its truly lovely

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

It is literally a white elephant then---cool! Is the ear 3-D?

Cutting may be a little tedious, Cher, but I think you will feel a whole lot better not having it hang over your head. Get it down to something usable!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Finn said...

What a great elephant block..but whereever did it come from???? Must have been a mystery gift of some sort..LOL I wait with bated breath for an answer..*G*

I'm voting with Linda J. once you dive into those scraps you'll feel better in that department. Hugs, Finn

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Finn said...

What a great elephant block..but whereever did it come from???? Must have been a mystery gift of some sort..LOL I wait with bated breath for an answer..*G*

I'm voting with Linda J. once you dive into those scraps you'll feel better in that department. Hugs, Finn

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

That would be so cute for a "white elephant" gift at a party! So cute! Love the pooh quilt. Something about that satin binding that is so sweet. I'll have to use that on my next baby quilt, I really like the look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home