Sunday, June 11, 2006

no camera, no photos

Ok, don't give me a hard time, but, I chose not to take my camera to retreat. I was way too busy sewing and having fun to be taking photos...though several took my photo showing off my completed top. Well, the blocks are all sewn together-I spent this morning cutting out the three borders I will be putting on it. So, you all have to wait until that point to see how it looks. Aren't I a meanie *vbs*?
I know you won't be surprised to hear I won the award for staying up the latest. Yes, there I was putting that top together...determined to have that top done before I went to bed - when I heard birds...not coming from my ipod either...Oh no! that could only mean, yep, I had sewn the night away! It was 5 am ish when I crawled into bed - but that top was done! I had terrific help from everyone in distributing the blocks so the light/dark parts were spread out evenly over the top.
I also finished up the baby pooh quilt top too. I had to cut one border to allow for an extra wide special Pooh satin binding I want to apply. Now I need to catch up on my sleep and sew borders on. The large quilt will go to the longarm quilter and I will quilt the pooh bear one on my machine. My goal is the end of this month to have those two done. When I get a chance I will post some photos of the "white elephant" I won - another fun aspect of the retreat-with lots of laughter included. I did not touch my bin of scraps but one of the older quilt gals took it on as her mission to organize! It is all folded and in color groups now...except for the "too small" scraps that I am doing mile a minute blocks with. I had to explain what that was and then show her an example of what a mile a minute block looks like. I had a few in a baggie.
There were some truly amazing quilts being finished or worked on by many of the women there-stunning stuff. Of course, now I am sorry I did not take my camera, but I know who to email and ask for copies. I made some new friends, hung out with other friends that I haven't seen in a while - just generally had the best of times. I only spent money on having a massage (pretty good chair one too) and resisted visiting any quilt shops. I did manage to win some fabric over the course of the retreat-so managed to add to my stash anyway.
And so concludes my most excellent retreat adventure.

7 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Cher, glad you had a great wknd! I totally understand about the camera...sometimes it is more bother than it is worth, I usually worry that I am not getting enough pics, getting too many pics or getting all the wrong pics...which is the case with our recent vacation/mission trip. Hopefully you will find the pics you want from those who did take their cameras as I will hopefully get good pics from Angela and Ryan.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Welcome home--I hope that you got some rest this morning and got (or get) to bed at a decent hour tonight. Off to work in the morning and we don't want you falling asleep over the bank rec stuff. There ain't enough lattes in the world for two late, late nights, girlfriend!

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

Sound like you had a very good time :-) Very good for you !

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Wow, that's a late night. You were obviously very determined to finish that top! Sounds like a fun time and I can't wait to see pictures.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I did take my camera on retreat but took very few pictures. I was having too much fun to think about pictures. And when I did think about them it was usually too late to get the shot I took. But luckily we had one lady taking lots of pics and she made a cd for each of us that plays a slideshow when you put it in.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Finally Blogger will let me post!!! Sounds like a wonderful time...and sooo much accomplished. I'll enjoy pictures of your projects when they appear..*VBS*

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, you tease! I want to see the quilts ;-) I can't believe you sewed all night- I'd be making the worst silly mistakes if I tried that! Glad you had fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home