Tuesday, January 09, 2007

made on time, shown late

As you can see: I also joined in the fun of making string blocks for Nancy's birthday celebration.
I too belong to the HeartStrings group and her post was just what I needed to dive into my string bag and get stitching! Thanks Nancy for that inspiration. I cut lots of red strips from my stash, however managed to leave them behind by grabbing the wrong "string" bag to take to the lqs where my charity group meets.I just pulled other reds from the donated fabric we keep at the shop and you can see they worked out just fine. After stitching a strip of fabric to a backing to make it long enough-I pulled out my foundation squares and shared this project with the other gals. I am hoping next month they will bring some blocks in to add to my start. I cut lots of strips to add to my string bag and just need to cut more foundations next. I brought home two sandwiched quilts to quilt up- one is now done and I am taking a break to do more string blocks before quilting up the other one. I think LindaJ has the right idea-sharing quilts made by my group would add to my blog-as I don't seem to be cranking that many quilts out by myself. Snow is forecast for tomorrow-I have work home to do if I chose to not drive out in it...again, it's those other drivers that concern me. My car is all wheel drive-plenty capable to handle the fairly flat driving I would have to do to get to work.
It's always nice to have a work day at home! We have a deadline of the 22nd of this month and I will have to really put in some time/effort to get done by then. Each morning, however, I am spending at least 15 minutes stitching. Then I feel less deprived when at the end of a work day I am too tired to sit at my machine. So...I may not be posting all that often until after the 22nd.
















Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Whoo hoo! Look at those string blocks, wtg! I was surprised to see some of the prints. You, my friend, shock me with those country prints! LOL

I am still trying to figure out how to make that 20-30 minutes a day happen in MCM.

We are to have snow today as well...expected this afternoon. I can only hope...I am so excited!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I know I would love to see the quilt group pics, Cher! You don't mail off as many quilts as you do without your group's help. One person in particular always has some neat idea--the shadow quilts, zippers, the chiclet take off--the list goes one.

Pam is right, though---look at those country prints! Not very Cher-like. Donation bin???

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Your heartstring blocks look wonderful!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

Hi Cher, happy new year. Your string blocks are beautiful. You've gotten a lot accomplished this year already. Your African scrappy is very maverick, and I could look at each part of it for a long time. I like your idea of posting accomplishments rather than goals. It gives you someting to show progress, but on what can vary depending on your time and mood situation.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I like the reds you made do with - the blocks look great.

I'm one of those drivers you don't want to be on the road with when it snows. That's why I told Keith we had to live in the city so that when he travels I'm not stuck at home. This southern girl doesn't drive in the snow!

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great string blocks Cher! This project is just so much fun. We have to pack for our house move, but when we're in another house I'll pick up again and make some more :-)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, the string blocks look great!! It amazes me that when used this way, the blocks look planned..*VBS*
I think it's a wonderful idea to share some of the quilts(or all of them!) from your group. Quilts are quilts, no matter how they got made, it's always fun to look at!
I've hopped on board with the Heartstring project in my "finn-come-lately" way...LOL Just finished the first one about 11:30 last night after Jean left. *G* Just couldn't go to bed without making at least one. Hope you were safe from that snowstorm. Hugs, FInn

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great idea to involve your group in this project! You are off to a good start in using up some strings.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

You are a wonderful inspiration to the other ladies in your group. Hopefully they follow your lead and join in the fun of making the string blocks!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

The string blocks are wonderful! Thank you so much for making them in my honor.

And I have to join the others in saying, please do show quilts made by your group. I get lots of inspiration from the ones LindaJ shows from her group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home