Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Not pieced by me...


As I have mentioned, I am part of a small local charity group and one of the gals prefers to piece tops and turn them in. Usually I end up quilting and binding them-which is what I have done with this particular quilt. The backing is a large blue/white plaid which goes well with the front. I did fast zoom lines as I am fond of calling straight line quilting and thanks to LindaJ
I had go with scrappy binding to match it. I have one more waiting for binding and then I can get back to several of my own projects going on. This is the only quilty thing I accomplished yesterday, running around and picking up Alice for the afternoon pretty much filled my day. It's back to work, pick up Alice afterwards and help care for her until bedtime each evening until Friday when her mama gets back from a business trip. I am happy to be helping out my son in this way, it just doesn't leave much time nor energy for much else by the time I get home. I am trying to get around and read blogs..often I am running three to four posts on some behind! However I do appreciate catching up and by the way, thanks for all the great comments.

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

You must have left earlier than usual for work? Maybe so you can leave in plenty of time for the little princess?

Good that you can help the kids out this way. I am sure that they all will appreciate it plus you get more hugs and kisses in.

I'm collecting more binding bits!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love scrappy bindings too :-)

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I liked this photo so much that I bought some flannels at Joanne's this week and have been busy sewing a new quilt for my son - slightly different, but similar. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home