Friday, January 26, 2007

what I am up to

As a reward for reaching work goals/deadlines...I had today off. I spent a good amount of the day doing things for myself that had been put on hold-I did treat myself to a great massage-the spa I like going to has really good people who do a great job. I made it down to the lqs to pick up the insert so I can use my latest machine in my sewing cabinet at the right height. I will have to mark the lift that adjusts the platform where you place the machine-the cabinet will host two different machines and I don't want to be guessing each time I switch out a machine. I also did 6 yards of fabric buying-Patti has influenced me- I came home, washed, dried, and ironed all that new fabric. Half of it is earmarked for a snuggle quilt for Alice-flannel both sides with no batting as the warmer weather will arrive eventually and I have this in mind as part of her Easter basket. The other fabric is for a project I am going to make for my sister-in fact I am going to make two, one for her and one for myself. She's been known to read my blog-so sorry, no photos, and no further details until afterwards. That led to a hunt for the pattern I will be using. I found the sleeve, sans directions. Uh oh. Clearly I was reading them somewhere ....well, I had wanted to do some tidying up in here-and I finally unearthed them. Now to organize the rest of the fabrics for the project. As Patti mentioned over at her blog-we are having a cutting party at her house and I am still debating-scrap cutting or project cutting. One thing for sure, I am putting a new blade on my rotary cutter!
We had a lot of fun doing this last time and I am so looking forward to tomorrow.
I don't have huge leaf bags full of scraps yet and with cutting get togethers and more effort on my part, I may have a chance of getting mine cut up and sewn up.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I am so glad to hear you reached those work goals. I totally understand how that feels to have work handing over your head--keeps you from what you really want to do--quilting! It is so nice that you and Patti can get together for a cutting party. Cutting fabric is my least favorite part of the process so making a fun day of it with a friend would help. Have a great day!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Have a good time cutting up with Patti.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Heehee -- those scraps DO accumulate!

Have fun with Patti!

Jeanne :)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I hope you and Patti have a productive scrap cutting day. I did some nickel cutting today for a swap I'm in. I think I need to put a blade in my cutter too before I do much more cutting.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Darlene said...

Have fun with Patti - you guys were very productive the last time you got together!

I'm working my way through the Stash Quilts Ring to just say Hi.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

a massage? how nice! I haven't had one here in Minneapolis yet but I have a flyer for a place nearby. I think I'll check them out this week and see if they are any good.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Gee I wish I lived closer, so I could take off work and come and cut with you two!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Doesn't it feel good to get at least some of that stuff cut up into manageable pieces for use instead of wondering just what is lurking in the container? I bet you and Patti had a ball together even if was a working visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home