Monday, April 16, 2007

quilt show photos....


I attended back to back weekend quilt shows-Clark County WA and another guild-MPS of Beaveton OR -taking many photos of quilts by either quilters I knew, my own, or quilts that inspire me. So, I will be featuring these quilt photos-most of which, I do not have notes on who is the quilter and apologize in advance-a few I do know- and will be sure to give credit. Life will settle down on Wednesday...and I will be oh so glad to be back at my sewing machine. By the way, miss alice wonderful and parents attended "my" quilt show and a photo of her admiring a quilt may be included...she quite enjoyed all those wonderful quilts! as did her mother...I have not given up on quilt-brain washing her :-)
I am including a photo of Judy Hopkins and her prize winning quilt-her reception featured many,many of her quilts and wonderful stories of how she made them etc. She is actually a member of our guild- MPS- and was our featured quilter at the show. What a delightful woman!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to you quilt show. (Mine form lancaster will start tomorrow - I wrote down the titles and the makers, but I forgot that notebook at home...)

Love the Lady Liberty quilt.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Ohhhhh, wonderful quilts. You can actually see the Statue of Liberty better in the thumbnail but wow, look at all those little HSTs! The other one is really striking as well---gotta love the colors right off and the design is very well done.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger swooze said...

Great quilts! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, so glad your weekend included something fun!
The quilt of Judy Hopkin's is definitely spectacular. Think sunshine, Hugs, Finn

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Wonderful quilts! How lucky you are to have Judy Hopkins in your guild! I look forward to the many quilts you have to show us from the shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home