Wednesday, April 04, 2007

quilting and quilting


Sunday was my charity group day and I pinned with help 5 quilt tops, left one for a fellow PP (portland piecer) to quilt and then quilted two of them before calling it a day. The reason I am rarely online and certainly not posting nearly often enough! is shown in the photo...I have the next row of blocks done and row 7 started. It takes me longer as I am choosing the fabrics every two rows of planning. Then I often decide I need more of a certain color and at this point I may be done washing and pressing fabric. I had to add more greens to the mix. Of course I have probably more strips cut than I will end up using-but being in strip form they will just get recycled into some other project. I have to admit, this pattern is very addicting-I am stitching each morning before work-and several evenings too. Last night we had to watch the National championship of the NCAAW-and it was sad to see Rutgers lose so badly. We were so rooting for them! Anyway, I am really on a mission to get these quilts done - even delaying doing my taxes I am having such fun stitching :-) - cutting into and using these brights-many I collected years ago..really make me smile and in some cases of only having a fq-they are entirely used up! I have a great bag of small, small snippets I am saving for more color play at a later date.
I can hardly wait to have this quilt on my bed.

Labels:

19 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Very cool quilt. Love the pattern!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Love your quilt. The brights really make it pop! How do you plan to quilt it?

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger SuBee said...

I love that! What is the pattern? Where can I find it? That's just great!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

What a fun, fun quilt!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Carole said...

Oh, looks puzzling! I like the bright colours! Keep well and happy quilting!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is so fun!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

That's a fantastic use of brights. :)

Y'know, I'd be tempted to try to hide a smiley face in there... two strategically placed darks for the eyes, and some reds and pinks in a grin or pucker shape for the mouth.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Such a cute quilt! It is a pattern I hope to do some day, so I'm enjoying seeing yours all the more. Good job with the colors and bright fabrics.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I agree with Su Bee...I would love to purchase this pattern...would you post info so we can google it please? thanks!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Looking, oh so good! Gotta love those brights.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Quilter Kathy said...

This is a great quilt...love your colour choices...very happy!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love those jigsaw puzzle quilts - think it must be a bit of a brain boiler keeping track of which little lug to put where, gotta keep your wits about you to make sure you don't stitch something in the wrong way round - looks terrific in those brights

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

This is a pattern I've wanted to do for a while now. using some of my bright cat prints and co-ordinating bright TOTs. Now you've got me itching to cut fabric. Unfortunately I HAVE to do some cleaning/sorting/tossing in my sewing room before I can do much of anything right now.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Helen in the UK said...

What a fun, colourful quilt :)

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Clare said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment about Magic.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Cher, that puzzle quilt just sings! Love the color! What a fun pattern...

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, what a great quilt!! So happy to hear it will live with you..*VBS* I have had that pattern for a couple of years, but get stalled in the fabric selection and planning stages. Maybe soon...*S*
I do love the one you are doing and I have lots of brights.
Sending big hugs for Easter, Finn

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I have this pattern, Cher. I even had fabrics for it but ended up using them elsewhere. Maybe I should start collecting them again with this in mind. Pretty!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I've always loved this pattern - your colors are great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home