Friday, February 16, 2007

a gift bag

This is an art bag for my Aunt Naomi. We are running down shortly to visit her as she is recuperating in an assisted care place. She misses her kitty and her art work so much I bought some watercolor cards/envelopes and a few watercolor pencils/brushes to tide her over. Then it occurred to me she might appreciate something to keep her supplies in-being away from home as she is. And, won't this kitty fabric cheer her up? She has the best sense of humor and I know she will be grinning just to get this bag, let alone what it contains. I had some velcro to use for closing it up-easy for hands that don't quite work like they used to.
Not much stash busted, but, a quick and fun little something to whip up. This took maybe ten minutes. And that was after stitching, unsewing the bottom corners, and restitching them because I had sewn them the opposite way they needed to go! This is how I keep my title of favorite neice... coming up with little things that she gets a kick out of receiving.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

How wonderfully thoughtful of you. What Aunt wouldn't appreciate the gift, the thought, and the visit!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

A wonderful gift for a wonderful lady. You are very sweet to think of her and help her feel better.

I like your challenge fabric. I'll be watching to see what you make with it.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

love the bag! great fabric! I am sure your aunt will love it!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Gail said...

That fabric is toooo cute! Its a lovely, thoughtful thing for you to do.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is a fun fabric - I am sure that she will just love it. Velcro is a good idea - I like all my bags to close because if I happen to be using one that doesn't - that will be the day it upends in a parking lot.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

How cute! I remember that fabric - not sure if I have any left or not... (I might have only started with a fq.)

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

What a great gift. I bet she loves it.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

What a great idea for a gift Cher! I can bet that she loved it...especially the personal delivery and visit. Indeed you will continue to be the favorite niece! ;-)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Ali Honey said...

Oh well done. She'll love it.

I love the black and gold fabric in your last post....Wow!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Lois R. said...

What a cute and thoughtful gift. I'm sure she is going to LOVE it.

And those challenge fabrics are delicious looking!

And thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog the other day. It was nice to hear your "voice."

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Susan said...

That's a darling bag, and I know she will appreciate your thoughtfulness for the contents, too.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I'm sure she will love the gift...I hope she keeps up with the art projects.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Judy said...

The fabric on the bag is really cute, making a great bag for someone who loves art and kitties! No wonder you are her fave! I know it means a lot to someone who doesn't get to do what they love - keep up the good work.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger swooze said...

Love the bag and the fabric. Very thoughtful of you.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Carole said...

How thoughtful of you! The kitty bag is absolutely lovely, so cute.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

that is such a thoughtful AND cute gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home