Monday, April 23, 2007

fabric room....a year ago and now



The photo at the right is from March 2006 and the photo on the left is from this morning. I left a comment on Nancy's blog that I would share my mess-and you can see why I declared this year to be focus on clearing out the fabric room so I can fit a day bed in there and we can enjoy it. My sewing room is in much better shape because I took about half the clutter/stuff and put it out in the garage! Unlike Nancy, I am not starting on this clean up until mid May. I will use this date as my goal for a much improved photo to share. In between now and then-I have at least two classes I have signed up for, a retreat 3 day getaway, and a few celebrations on the calendar....yikes. Oh, I am on the eight blocks of the jigsaw puzzle tops.
Still many hours from having a completed top (at which point I need to check and see about to border or not to border-though I have the perfect fabrics for two borders)-I am still aiming for that goal by Thursday night. However, phone calls are flying and I have been told I am being kidnapped from work at 4:30 pm on Thursday...so I may have a very late night reaching of that goal!

10 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Ahhh a kindred spirit! My room is as bad or worse! I showed pics and am slowly cleaning up now!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

LOl! Now THAT's a room I can relate too. You see so many pictures of nice, clean, neat, organized sewing rooms but rarely will anyone share photos like ours. We CAN do this a little bit at a time. :-)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh yes, you have done a lot since last year! Must be a good feeling. It'll be an even better feeling when you are all done organizing.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Tazzie said...

I see so many differences there, so you have been busy already. I also see sooo much wonderful fabric, you'll have fun playing with that too!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kairle Oaks said...

You go, girl!!! You've got a lot on your plate, but it sounds like you're up to the task. Good luck!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh....I love your room!! I am jealous of your shelves and stash as well as having a seperate room for just you sewing/quilting!!! And a little disorganization is OK........!!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Still not as bad as mine! :)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

Well, I'd say that looks like a room well used!! Although I'm much more tidy now - well, somewhat more tidy - when it's messed up, I know I've been creating!

(Hugs)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, I can totally identify with your before and after pics. Mine are in much the same disarray.
I do have hopes of it getting better once I do my big 'switch' and have more space. Hope your schedule eases so you have a breather in there! Hugs, Finn

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

A huge step in the right direction Cher! Keep on keeping on!
Will you take another photo next year, or in 6 months ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home