Wednesday, April 25, 2007

drats! I want to do it all

I am quite sure I am not the only person especially a quilter that feels that way! No current photos-I have not found nor even looked for the other batteries I bought for the digital camera.
I have been stitching on the jigsaw puzzle tops..last night I got home from guild at 9 pm..and my sweetie was back at work! Poor Zoe, our boxer thought no one lived here anymore. A little quality bonding doggy time and I was back at my machine-after returning a phone call to my younger son. Have I mentioned he's engaged? Have I mentioned they moved their wedding date from the end of the year to August??? I am sure I noted their wedding quilt is next up on my to do quilt list. I looked at my May calendar and realized I signed up for 5 to 6 quilt classes! I am cancelling two of them today...what was I thinking?? That I want to do it all...that's what. This week has been totally bonkers-I swear I don't even know which day it is - until I look at my calendar-and look at my still need to do before I leave Friday list- and decide that sleeping is not something I can cancel to make room for things on the list. Out with the top 10 things I must do, down to 5 things I really want to do. I mean truly, who is in charge of my life anyway? that's right-me.
By the way, I think I misdirected on my previous post- the photo with the larger mess is the CURRENT status of that room. Not to worry, it's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
I have 14 blocks left to trim and many, many blocks to put together into rows ...so it's time to get back to the machine - and eventually I will get back to reading online stuff...seriously.

5 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Tracey in CT said...

I can definitely relate to wanting to do everything, but not havign time!! I love show and tell at my guild, but the problem with it is that I leave the meeting with about 10 more ideas on my to-do list.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger swooze said...

I am in the same boat....so many projects...so little time. I just call them my retirement plan!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Age old problem, huh? Lots to do and never enough time. August for the wedding? YIKES. Looks like you will be heading into fabrics for that one sooner than you expected!

Missing you in the morning lately--if it stays hot I will probably be out walking when you are on in the a.m.

If I don't catch up with you before you leave on retreat, I hope you have a great time!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Me too! And then I get so bogged down that I don't get anything done! I like your idea of paring the list to the 5 things you want to do!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Quilter Kathy said...

I totally understand...me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home