Friday, April 27, 2007

retreats are the best

I can say that as I have been on many and always find them so much fun! I completed the queen size top last night- did you hear the celebration? and confirmed that it needs to be wider (but not longer!) on our bed. What to do? Another row of blocks - not enough...two rows...too much. We decided after walking around and measuring...a seven inch border on the sides only was the solution-and we chose the purple fabric for that. The black/white fabric will become binding on both quilts. So- one top done...the other, a few more sections to stitch together and border and it's done-which I will easily do tonight. This works for me. The design wall is once more empty. So, I actually got to bed before midnight and got up at my usual early hour. I have serious packing and finding stuff to do this morning. I am being taken to breakfast too. Last night my surprise dinner ended up being prepared by my son (the chef). WOW!!! He is a gifted chef - he and my sweetie conspired to have a celebration dinner and time with Alice before I left on my retreat-it was a big hit with me. My aunt was included as well-we all played with Alice as the meal was finished up and served. Alice had the cute dial up to 11 as my son puts it! What can I say? I have always loved babies-and nothing beats a grandchild once you have raised your own children. After this cup of coffee I will pack up and figure out just what all I need to load into my car-read, what I can fit in...I am still debating a few items.
Photos when I get back! see you all Sunday night.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

It sounds like you have had the perfect send off to a perfect weekend retreat--Alice time, a great meal (prepared by someone else), and time with family! Nothing better! I look forward to seeing the wonderful things you accomplish on your retreat! See you Sunday night!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Family time sounds fun. Glad you found the solution for making the quilt fit the bed.

Have fun retreating - I'm looking forward to meeting up with the MN HeartStringers tomorrow.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Dropping by to drop off some BIG birthday hugs, and my best wishes for another great year!!! Sounds like it was all as perfect as can be...*VBS* So happy to hear that the quilt top problem was solved so easily..and it sounds perfect. I'll be back to see the pictures, Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home