Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I meant to take some photos ...

first it was too hot, then I was too immersed to remember, and now..well, it's just too dark out!
The sunny warm weather has arrived and maybe the plants will start looking less puny. I came home early to begin clearing out the mess I had dumped out in the garage - so I could start clearing out the mess in the fabric room. I said back in January I was going to tackle the sewing room and the fabric room this year. And the only reason I actually made a strong start is ...Alice is coming to spend the night on Saturday. Which means, I need to make room for her porta crib, which will go in the fabric room. I filled the back of my wagon with tons of donation stuff-purging is a good thing! I actually folded and put fabric away on the shelves-and all the magazines are now in neat stacks once more. It all left me far too tired to tackle any sewing tonight. However, I assure you, much progress has been made. I am 7 seams away from being a fourth of the way done. I did some thinking on the next round of color placement today. And I am half way done with the last strip sets for rainbow-rails-trip-around-the-world quilt too. Plus, I pinned the string top ready for quilting. So, it's not like I have been slacking on the quilty front. I also packed six quilts up to send off to wraptheminlove. They had been living in my car and I needed the room. I am very good at putting things off, but, when I decide to get something done...it shapes up fast enough. I am taking a half day off again on Friday to finish up. I think that additional time will be enough to reach my goal of room for Alice and a much neater space. Then it's back to ignoring just about everything until the wedding quilt is finished.
I'll try and get some photos taken tomorrow...

2 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like having an extra person in the house to get us moving! And to have LMAIW come for the night, how fun for you!!

Can't wait to see the wedding quilt progress.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

May I borrow your excuses and add some of my own...broke my camera, borrowed a cheapie, cheapie didn't work...out of batteries, put batteries in upside down.

No excuses now for when Alice comes to visit. Love your photos of that precious little one!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home