Saturday, September 01, 2007

wrapping up the day on a quilty note


I have enjoyed this day and decided to get the last borders on the string top before calling it a night. Tomorrow is dedicated to working on charity quilts and gathering all the bits and pieces I need to take over to the lqs. I will take it along and use the large tables for layering it and pin basting it so I can start quilting soon. I won't use any batting, just a nice snuggly flannel backing. That should make it just the right weight. I have a nice variegated yellow thread which I think will work well. I fit in staining half a section of fencing in our backyard after supper and walking Zoe-it was cool enough and at the half way point I was losing light too fast to see what I was doing, a good stopping point as my arms were at the stage of feeling like lead weights! I felt I earned my dessert after that work out- and Zoe had her treats for being such a good supervisor.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

looks great.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Sounds like you had a great day -- and accomplished a lot to boot! I love the yellows in this string quilt -- just makes it stand out.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Gail said...

It looks great, love your choices for borders, they work perfectly.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

The green and orange are great choices for the borders.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

This quilt looks fabulous with its borders on! Like Mary, I like the green and orange colour combinations. ...still reminds me of salsa!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh Cher, this turned out spectacular! The borders look so smart wrapping it up.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I'm so glad you used that orange for the inner border - it is perfect! Oh boy - I really love this quilt!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

What a great quilt - the yellow is so sunshiny and happy.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

It's so happy! What a great quilt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home