Thursday, September 06, 2007

something quilty

Anita is a member of our Portland Piecers group- or the PP'ers and the most amazing and talented quilter-she often designs quilts for us to fit our 40 inches by 60 inches size requirement. At our last meeting she brought in 3 finished quilts-here are 2 of them. She does a fabulous job using scraps, often from donated fabric given to us and can pull together and come up with wonderful, wonderful quilts. I was very taken with the curved quilting she did on the X quilt. She uses a modified Handiquilter set up-and boy, does she do a terrific job! I am sending off a box to headquarters today , with another box waiting for the last quilt on my table to be bound. So, that is what I have been doing in the quilty vein this week-gathering up these quilts and giving them a once over to be sure they are ready for children to snuggle under. Ellen has put out a call for 200 or more quilts to specifically go to Afghanistan by the end of September. Betty Rollins will be taking them over. I am sending 10 quilts-so that is a small help. A dear friend who recently retired and decided to become a quilter joined our group and finished her very first quilt last Sunday. She will be giving us 6 finished quilts-what a kick off to quilting she has accomplished. I am so thrilled to be helping her learn to quilt and at the same time add to our efforts in giving to children in need.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I like that top one especially. And her curved quilting is interesting. I think I might even be able to do that on my home machine.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Gail said...

Her quilts are wonderful, and good for your friend, what a start!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Both very pretty. I like them both equally.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

you all are very generous. love that plaid-looking quilt. colors work beautifully together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home