Saturday, September 15, 2007

ugh, ugh!

It's so bad, I am not sharing a photo of the two rows of quilting I did on the string top. Plans changed and I am now doing the quilting-and I thought a heart in each block would look good. I had the perfect size cookie cutter to draw around and machine quilted two rows. It looks awful.
terrible. dreadful...and so....yes, I am going to rip it all out. I have a better idea and will tackle that once I have these hearts (or what are supposed to be hearts) ripped out. Good thing there is a game on tomorrow to watch while I am ripping out. Oh well....I tried something new and it didn't work out...it will go better next time I know. And, at least I spent some quilty time today!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Into each life a little ripping out must come. If you never try anything new you never learn anything. I think it's worth a bit of ripping once in awhile to learn something new.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Oh, I hate when that happens, makes me dread trying something new for fear it will look awful. Better luck with the next time, and its worth it in the long run when so you don't end up hating the finished quilt because you should have ripped.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Finn said...

oh my...Jack the Ripper to the rescue...feel in good company, some days more comes out than what stays in!
Thanks goodness for ball games to watch and ease the pain!! Hugs, Finn

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh dear - I am so very sorry! I know - it's not to be helped - but I had such wonderful ideas about how I wanted to quilt this quilt for you!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I feel for you, Cher--I guess we learn by doing but what a thankless task since that stitching goes in a lot easier and quicker than it comes out.

I hope the alternate plan works out much, much better.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Ohhh, I hate ripping out. But sometimes I guess it just must be done. Hopefully you can do it quickly and now you've learned something new.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the ripping :-( good luck with the re-do!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I know I'm weird but I actually like ripping things out. If the quilting isn't what you want then that's the only thing to do, right? Looking forward to seeing it when finished.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I hate ripping out quilting stitches too. Glad you got them out and hopefully whatever you decide to replace them with will look better.

I would go for something easy - how about a heart meander? The hearts can be wonky and different sizes and it doesn't really need to be so precise like a stencil heart.

Here's one I did
http://tinyurl.com/35orzh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home