Thursday, September 13, 2007

progress on current project

Just a fast check in to say I pulled fabrics, washed, dried, and pressed them - ready for cutting when I am ready to tackle cutting. I find I can spend about 15 to 30 minutes each morning getting something quilty done. Those baby steps have enabled me to finish several recent quilts and before I know it, I have a top done. Yesterday morning I had some extra time and finished putting the back together for the yellow string top-it's pressed and ready to be given to my friend for quilting on Saturday. I have a retreat coming up in October-of course I am thinking what do I want to take and work on? There is no lack of stash to play from and projects to choose from either. I probably will wait until the end of this month to really buckle down and pull what I want to take. And, on a final note: I sketched out the idea and decided it was not a good idea to actually DO...but, I am not giving up on the idea of playing around on paper with future inspirations. I did come up with another approach on the first idea...so I think I will be working on that as the leader/ender to this nyb project.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher,all this planning has me a bit scared...LOL But it sounds like it will work, and you'll be getting lots done...just like back when you did your 'lion sleeps tonight' quilt!
I'll look forward to seeing the progress of the NYB..a favorite of mine, altho I've never done one. Hugs, Finn

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger SuBee said...

You're a perfect example of what we can do in little pieces. Sometimes it's like being pecked to death by baby ducks, but it works! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

I wish all of those who profess they "...just don't have any time for stuff (quilting) like that...I'm just too busy..." would read your post! I sometimes get back at *them* and say "Well, I guess you would have the time if you would make the time." Hmph! Bravo to you, Cher!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

I think working in baby steps gets a lot accomplished faster than trying to tackle the whole project at once!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home