Friday, March 07, 2008

start of new project


These are the 4 squares I chose to turn into a Convergence wall hanging using Ricky Tims book.
Some friends and I are going to spend Saturday playing with our fabrics and seeing what we come up with following the directions from the book. Here is when having a large and varied stash really pays off- I pulled and cut these squares in the last 30 minutes. The print is a Hoffman-many years old that I fell in love with and had zero idea what I ever would make from it-a large wild print and I bought maybe three yards of it. the fabric to it's left is a Northcott Quest for the Cure fabric-looks like I bought about ten yards of that. It always feels great to pull from the stash and come up with just the right combination of colors/texture/mix that I feel will be just right for the project in mind.
I had no qualms about cutting into this yardage for a square 14 inches by 14 inches either!
I am going to wind a bobbin and thread my machine and quit for the night-my throat is a bit on the scratchy side, so I doubt I will be up early and stitching like the wind. I will have a grand time once I am up and ready to start my machine. and.....
let's not dwell on the various ufos and wips going on in this room either!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love those fabrics, cher!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh dear - I hope you aren't coming down with another bug. Can't wait to see the finished quilt top!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home