Monday, August 04, 2008

good Monday morning


Poof! there went the weekend. Good news-I did complete my backing for the koi top on Friday night and dropped it off at the longarm quilter on Saturday with a decision on thread color and panto pattern. It will come back around the 16th, in time to finish the binding and add the label.
I have a new quilt on the bed but have not taken a photo yet-something for you all to look forward to seeing! I am showing the first idea for my booty swap (click to enlarge if you wish) and how I am handling putting together various orphan blocks sent to me to put together into a charity quilt. I was inspired by Freddie Moran's garden party lady blocks but not happy with this free pieced effort. Into the orphan bin it goes. Of course I have plenty of thoughts on how to change it to come out closer to my vision, but, thought I would share my effort on design/piecing it into reality. I moved on to two other ideas and have up on the design wall what will become the actual small quilt for the swap. All I am revealing at this point is it is bright. It's five minutes from hitting the road back to work reality and playing with numbers that will not produce any fun quilt ideas! I am working on my hand quilting at work however.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

The garden gal looks like fun but too bad it would not work out for your project. I hope that your other choice is working out better so you can move through the booty swap.

Sounds like you are having fun at any rate!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Your garden lady is fun -- with free piecing there are always some you like a lot more than others! But I think she's sweet. And I love the grass fabric (I have some, too).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home