Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saturday afternoon...


What a week it was...lots going on at the job and else where keeping me hopping. I had the pleasure of leaving work early on Thursday to pick up Alice, my granddaughter from daycare and spend some quality bonding time. She is such a joyful child with the best belly laugh I have ever heard. Here is a great shot of her and her daddy having a good time. Friday I worked a bit for a deadline project then left early as we had a wedding to go enjoy. What a fabulous time everyone had at this wedding. The bride and groom really did a wonderful job planning it and including everyone in many different and fun ways. We partied until close to midnight and went roller skating with most of them this morning to continue the fun time. I need to do a lot more roller skating to get my "skating legs" back! Several of us local ladies have a plan to go skating on a monthly basis to keep this fun going. Meanwhile I have finished the booty swap top and hope to have it quilted by the end of this weekend. I have a block to make as well as part of my local guild's outgoing president thank you from the members. I have pulled lots of orange fabrics as that is her favorite color. I have not done much hand quilting this week-I hope with the Olympics going on to do more as I spend some time watching those events that are on when I am home. I am missing out on the AQS quilt show in Seattle that started yesterday-I had so looked forward to enjoying it too.
oh..waiting for our Alice to be dropped off for a sleepover...so it's an Alice weekend -the big reason for missing the quilt show.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

It is easy to see where Miss Alice gets her curly hair from when you see her with her daddy. They both look like they are having such a good time!

Good that you had a break from the work day pressures to do some fun things--wedding, rollerskating.

Orange seems like a strange favorite color but each their own---I wonder how many people had to actually go buy some of it that didn't scream Halloween??

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

So glad you had a fun time at all the wedding festivities!

Enjoy your 'Nana' time with Miss Alice...she looks adorable even if she is upside down!

My SIL favorite colors are orange and lime green...I'm thankful she hasn't asked for a quilt yet! I would definately need 'sunglasses' to make that one :)

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

You missed a great quilt show. However, Miss Alice definitely rates above the quilt show! There will always be another quilt show, but Alice will never be this age again. Sounds like you are having a gret time this weekend!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Alice is darling!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger swooze said...

Cute pic. I remember those playful days with dh and the kids!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I've been thinking about you off and on all weekend, and thinking about how long it's been since we had a sewing Saturday. Let's be sure to plan one once summer is over, OK? I really miss seeing you.

Alice is growing up so fast. What a precious doll she is! I bet it was a marvelous weekend with her.

As it turned out I missed the Seattle show also. The friend from North Star Quilters who was going with me had something come up so she had to back out. Half of me was disappointed, but the other half was secretly glad. I've just been away from home way too much this last month. Tomorrow will be the fourth day in a row I've focused on sewing - it's been marvelous!

Still need to get that fat quater in the mail to you! Hopefully tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home