Saturday, September 13, 2008

the rest of the booty goodies


Here is the rest of the good stuff I received with my booty swap quilt.
Perfect fqs for a brights lover type quilter like myself and new chocolate to enjoy, plus a book I have not read-all terrific. Thanks again Becky.
It has been my idea of a perfect day. Slept in a bit, enjoyed morning coffee and some email reading-worked in the garden for three hours.
Then into a hot shower and off to lunch with friends. We spent 3 hours enjoying our meal and chatting. ah, a leisurely meal is so delightful. We went to a new to us Thai place-and will be happy to return again.
Next, it was home to do some quilty stuff and enjoy making lattes on the expresso machine I now can operate almost like a pro. No one had to make supper tonight as our
neighbors shopped at the farmers market for us, picking up some delicious mini quiches.

I have completed these pillowcases as a wedding gift for my longarm quilter whose wedding I will have to miss in two weeks. I made a block for the wedding quilt her small quilt group is making for her, so I know these will match the quilt perfectly. They will be mailed off Monday.
I have a few things up on the design wall and stacked on the sewing table to chose from for what to work on next. Tomorrow is supposed to hit 90 F degrees. I still plan on gardening in the morning, as it should stay cool enough until eleven. Then I can retreat inside and do quilty stuff again.
What would you consider a perfect day?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Perfect, indeed! Wonderful rewards for you for working so hard these past days!

Love those fat quarters!!! And that's chocolate?! I don't know what could be better...what's inside or the lovely packaging!

Enjoy your day, Cher!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Gypsy Quilter said...

Love the colors in those pillow cases. Great job!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love being outside walking. If tomorrow is pretty, I've promised myself a trip to a local park - I'll take the train, a quilt, my book, and have lunch and then walk the 7-8 miles home along the Mississippi River.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

You'll get a kick out of that book - when you get a chance to sit down and read it! Great fabrics :- )

Anymore a perfect day for me would be to feel good all day long and have the energy to sew!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Dionne said...

Nice get! I haven't read that book, but it's been recommended more than once. Also, your pillowcases are beautiful, I'm sure your LA will love the set.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home