Tuesday, September 09, 2008

the rest of the quilted/bound donation tops



Sunday was a very productive quilting day with our group. Karen took one of these and the scrap binding bag and bound one while I finished up binding the other. Not bad! I went on to cut into the "builder bob" fabrics- Karen stitched while I cut and we had a panel enlarged to a top within half an hour. Too bad she had to leave then. I have two more tops ready for some borders and then they are done too. My friend who owns the quilt shop is shutting it down and then will do some mid-arm quilting -using our donation tops to practice on until she is ready for paying customers.
What a win-win for all of us. So I am stockpiling these tops and I am sure she will be pretty tired of "builder bob" by the time she is done :-)
I am sending off a heart quilt I made earlier this year from guild swap blocks. I stitched a label on it this morning and boxed it ready to go. I worked late last night and will go in a bit later this morning, allowing me time to stop and ship this box. I am going to try and send another box filled with the donation quilts if I have time.
Vacation is coming up September 20th. I could use that time to clean up the yard but we are off to the beach instead. We are house sitting and dog sitting for family and really-who can argue with such a deal? A playmate for our boxer Zoe, a huge gorgeous home to enjoy, and the beach!
I am taking all my quilting stuff and will have a mini solitary retreat. M will walk dogs and read and enjoy movies on the vcr or tv. There is dial up there-so I may be online a bit, and then again, I may just unplug for the whole time.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Phew...I'm relieved that you chose the beach house/dog sitting versus the yard cleaning!!! What a grand time to look forward to!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Great job on two more donation quilts! They will make some children very happy! LOVE the rail fence with the solid block :) I just may have to 'borrow' that idea, okay?!

Enjoy your time at the beach :)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, great job on getting so much done on so many quilts! It really does make the task easier when its shared, doesn't it?
Glad to hear you will be having a vacation'vacation' instead of a working vacation!
Enjoy the beach! Hugs, Finn

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

You have been very productive with the quilting lately! Good for you! It sounds like you have the perfect vacation planned! Enjoy!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on all your recent charity finishes. I'm sure they will be very much appreciated :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home