Sunday, August 24, 2008

a few more small things



I took some dragonfly fabric and with a scrap piece of flannel as batting I did some free motion quilting -I then took this quilted piece of fabric and made an envelope style "bag". It's for putting cards into and because I did not have the right ribbon, I used a string of yellow flannel to tie it up with. This was a parting gift for my sweetie- and judging by the recent phone call, a hit. The other little something is about a 15 inch by 15 inch bordered idea I had for the booty swap and rejected.
I went ahead and put on the borders tonight and will quilt it up-I have someone in mind that I know will really appreciate it. These projects and a bit of hand quilting done on the K project are the sum total of my quilting efforts for this weekend. The majority of today was devoted to household tasks, beyond boring but nonetheless necessary. I am headed to bed on the early side in hopes that I will finish the book I have been reading. A new book awaits. Rain came late today but we managed to get our walk in between showers (that would be boxer dog Zoe and I)-a happy dog and a dry owner is a very good thing! I put a few more stitches into the K project as I watched the end of the Olympics tonight-a most relaxing evening. I have the binding to finish on the jigsaw puzzle quilt-it's black binding and black thread...my least favorite combination to do in the evening. You can see why I chose to stitch on the K project instead :-)


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Both are very cute Cher, I turned to knitting tonight during the Olympics since I'd finished all my bindings.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

What a great idea! The perfect little reminder for someone special.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

I really like the little quilt top. Sounds like you actually got quite a lot accomplished over the weekend!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Ali Honey said...

Wrapping gifts in fabric or anything reusable if a wonderful idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home