Tuesday, August 26, 2008

thanks to email

I received an email from my booty swap partner, she says she really likes the small quilt and will post at a later date- she is waist deep in sewing wedding clothes for her daughters September 6th wedding! That sort of deadline would be so stressful for me, I just could not imagine taking on such a task. Luckily I had sons and beyond making wedding quilts I did not have to do anything more stitching wise.

I am adjusting to living with just Zoe our boxer dog for company while my sweetie enjoys her road trip. There are some fires going on in Idaho that are making some impact on which roads are safe to travel on-it's good to have her checking in each day so I know she is safe.

I pretty much zoned out last night-watched the tv show, The Closer-only 3 more episodes left and then poof! it is done with. I have to drop my car off for some work today and will give my local guild meeting a miss tonight. I am arranging for some more minor house repair work to be done during the next week or so-that will bring some upheaval in the house as I will have to empty out a double length clothes closet jammed packed with -yes, clothes and shoes *vbs*
oh fun. The main support bracket is bending and I keep having visions of coming home one evening to everything tumbled on the floor and it would not be a pretty sight!

Sometimes when you have "free time" it can be hard to settle on doing anything I find. I decided to take a break from my list of things I want to get done and just drift through the evening. As I look around this morning, I feel a tad guilty but not too much-it is not necessary to "do" every minute. Doing nothing counts for a lot as well. I did finish my book. It's actually nice to have this change of pace and enjoy doing whatever I feel like.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Mama Spark said...

We must both be in a reading phase right now!! Funny. I am enjoying my book too.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

So glad to hear the Booty Quilt made it to it's destination!

I worry everytime I mail quilts to people!

Reading is a good thing! I still have books I received as Christmas gifts that I need to read :)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Having had one of my book mailings go astray recently I know I personally give a sigh of relief knowing that something got to its destination. No doubt that is what you though about sending off your booty swap.

I have had the situation you are concerned about happen--definitely NOT a pretty sight. It will be far easier for you to remove the clothing and shoes now that have it in a muddled up heap.

And I love "The Closer" and the show that follows it, "Saving Grace" They run such an odd season compared to regular network but worth catching up with.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm on my own right now too, but with plenty of kitty company. Glad you're getting to watch The Closer. Wish I could come and watch with you, do some quilting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home