Friday, September 05, 2008

Finally Friday


I free motioned this first charity top-please note-I did not piece this top, it was donated a few years ago. I added the top and bottom border to help make it a bit larger-I can see I need to do more fm in my future! (click to enlarge if you like) However, I am fine with how it turned out. I straight stitched the other three quilts so they went faster. On Wednesday, which seems an eon ago, I had jury duty and ended up being chosen to sit on a criminal trial, which began that afternoon and continued yesterday, today and ?? not sure quite when we will end. I did a lot of hand quilting until I had to sit in the courtroom. And, I had a board meeting last night and did more hand quilting then too. Otherwise, one finished charity quilt is all I have to show for this week. I have machine binding started on the second charity one, but, frankly by the time I get home and take care of the dog-feed myself, I am ready to do a whole lot of nothing. Oh !!
my copy of Gwen Marston's new book arrived and I read through that on Wednesday as well-not much reading involved-gorgeous photos of her new series of quilts. I like her phrase, quilts for grown-ups! Makes me want to get back to those bagged up scraps ! Last night getting home around 10 pm, I had to take everything out of our closet as our handy man is coming today to put in a new shelf/stronger brackets for the hanging pole portion. Not so much doing nothing last night!
I like to get house projects wrapped up as Fall approaches. I had hoped to get some interior painting done this year-but thanks to the arm injury have given up on that happening this year.
It will be on the top of the list for next summer. I think it will take the rest of this year to purge through the rooms more thoroughly -my main goal for this year. I have lived in this house for ten years now and I think that must be a trigger for my determination to have a place for everything and everything in it's place attitude/drive.
My poor sweetie! I think the questions do you really need/use/have to have this? can be an annoying attitude to live with. Some of us are more pack rats than others...and I have had that family gene raise it's ugly head more than once in my life. Lately I have had less patience with my tendency to allow "stuff" to build up around me. I find Spring/Autumn to be the seasons when I feel the energy and drive to clear stuff out around me. So, as I continue to put the house back in order before M arrives possibly Saturday (yikes, that would be tomorrow!) I feel I am right on track with the changing of the seasons starting to be felt around here.
Tonight will find me scrubbing out that closet before putting stuff back into it- purging my stuff as I go along of course. M's stuff? hmmmm, I suppose if I left that mountain of stuff out it could be grounds for a very unhappy homecoming. I will have to think how to handle that.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

No matter who pieced the top, I like it a lot. The borders finish it of nicely.
Good luck with the cleaning. I should be doing some of that too. Like miles of windows. Hmmm...maybe I'll head back to the studio.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

hmm, the disadvantage of living in one place instead of boxing everythign up and moving every few years. I envy you actually. wheee, so glad you got to read your Gwenny book

 

Post a Comment

<< Home