Tuesday, September 02, 2008

something to show


As I was digging through the stash in the fabric room I pulled this piece out that was with the Christmas fabric. I bought it back in 2000 when we were in Paris. A suggestion of turning it into a wholecloth quilt was made by a friend, but, I never got around to that idea. Yesterday however, I looked at it, and thought, just what we need, a new tablecloth! And, in the true spirit of stashbusting, I had enough for 2 of them, with a very small amount left over. Think 2 place mats or cut up into strings. I am leaning towards the string idea myself. Anyway, I have been racking my brain for something suitable as a gift I could make for some neighbors who have over the years done many kind things for us. (they are not quilt type folks) Yes, that extra tablecloth was whipped up and given to the neighbors over much exclamations of delight! And you can see how well it looks on our table too. I like it when you can come up with something easy to make that is a wow with folks as a gift. It is never about the time it takes, it is all about suiting the person's taste is my thought. And, judging by the big smiles...this was a hit. Good. That fabric has found a good use in two homes! and with a bit of cutting is totally used up. I need to do the last side of binding and will have a ufo finish of one charity quilt (did I mention I quilted up 4 charity ufo tops?) -the plan is to come home tonight and once the light fixture work in here is done- then I can use my machine and finish that one up, and maybe work on the next one, maybe not.
I taped several episodes of Project Runway to watch and hand quilt to later tonight..I don't seem to be sitting and hand quilting without something on tv to entertain myself.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

What a fabulous way to stash bust, Cher! I love the fabric.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Very attractive, Cher! Make two homes happy and stash bust at the same time---good thinking!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

Score! Beautiful tablecloth(s). Nobody said you HAD to turn that gorgeous stuff into a quilt after all, did they?

Sheesh, if you still have energy after all that cleaning out and organizing you did you need to come to *my* house next!!!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ali Honey said...

Good thinkig! You achieved heaps. it's just lovely that you keep making charity tops too....those ones you may never know who you made a little happier.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger swooze said...

Very nice! I can't wait to see the 4 UFOs you quilted!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a fun way to use fabric from your trip to Paris! and stash busting, too :)

Great job at quilting the UFO's...can hardly wait to see your 'quilt show'!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Patti said...

What a perfect use for this beautiful fabric! See you tomorrow night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home