Thursday, September 18, 2008

running around madly

I am juggling a lot of extra commitments in addition to the day job. In fact, I ended my jury duty yesterday when we finally reconvened and had a chance to deliberate and turn in our verdict. A great civic duty experience and I was happy to be part of the justice system. All I am going to say is, it is NOTHING like tv/movies in reality. I found a problem in the kindness quilt- so I need to take out some quilting to get at the area and fix it correctly. I want to enter this little quilt in at least one quilt show next April- so it is worth taking the time to do it right. ugh! believe me, I tried to come up with a workaround. I am involved with being on the board/committee position on both of the guilds I belong to - right now my part with both of them have hit full speed. double ugh. I am spending a lot of time getting the right information to the right people. I have to swing by the printer and get some more numbers so tonight at committee pot luck/meeting I can present facts for us to make a decision on. I am also having lunch with my one and only fabulous aunt. We missed last week due to scheduling conflicts-so I certainly do not want to miss seeing her today.
I am also mentally sorting out just what I want to pack to work on quilting wise when we leave Saturday morning for vacation. I think I have most of it figured out- leaving room for one final project. I need to chose which machine to take next. And, I also need to upload photos from the camera for posting here. I think a week away at the beach is really going to be welcome after the last few weeks around here! It is quite possible I won't have computer access where we are going-but...if I do...what a chance to do some blog reading! I certainly miss reading all my favorite blogs and feeling current with what you all are doing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found value in your jury duty. I've just been called again for the fifth time in nine years and I'm not looking forward to it.

One year I sat on the Grand Jury for a year and it really colored the way I see jury duty. There were so many cases to consider. It was like seeing everything that could go wrong on our little island. Since then I've cringed when I get the jury duty notice.

You sound so busy. I hope everything goes easily for you.

All the best,
Darilyn

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Did you have jury duty for the County or State? If it was county, I could have bought you lunch. LOL Courthouse is walking distance to my home. You know we might have passed each other numberous times on the road :-)

My experience with Jury duty, I got to seat 6 than booted. It was for a dui and I belonged to madd at the time. I would like to serve, to what it is like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home