Friday, October 31, 2008

new fabric and complete blocks



It's been an up and down sort of week nice to finally arrive at Friday night. I thought I would share the perfect tree word fabric I found for Nancie who was in our summer class of Tonya's-now that she has received it. Plus, I finished and mailed off 31 heartstring blocks to help in the green center short term project. I cleared this counter space and found it perfect for trimming the string blocks. You can see the nice pile of fabric debris left.
Tonight I have made the first block in a new quilt project. Once I get a few more made up I will share a photo. This is the quilt I am making for our Christmas family mom and dad. All fabric from stash, my favorite place to shop as a rule. Tomorrow I am having my one day personal retreat. I hope to cut and make a lot of blocks. One block finishes at 14.5 inches, so this should go together pretty fast. Sunday is our first Sunday of the month charity group meeting date. Karen and I plan on pinning several quilts and quilting up a storm. It is supposed to rain over the weekend and I can't think of a better thing to do than stay inside and play with fabric. And, as the quilt shop where we meet is only a mile from Alice, I think a fast visit afterwards will be in order.



Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, you are productive! enjoy your sewing.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Oooh! So do you have any ideas for the fabric debris?! (I love that term, by the way!)

Enjoy your weekend, Cher. Happy November!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

You and I must have been on the same wave length this week because I was also making string blocks! I find them a low stress type of thing to be doing when I can't concetrate on much more! LOL It sounds like an Alice visit is in the plans tomorrow! Have fun!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Once again I can't join you tomorrow - seems to be the story of my life. Tomorrow is Fred's 62nd birthday and all the kids are coming over for the afternoon. Can't wait to see Lily again - can't believe she is already a month old! One of these days we'll be able to get back together - life seems so crazy right now. Rick's mom isn't healthy so I'm watching Joseph way more than just Tuesday and Thursday. Love seeing him but really missing having time to sew. And blog. And read blogs!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

My gosh, Cher. What a wonderful stack of string blocks. And I love the pile of mass destruction. :)

Darilyn

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

What a nice stack of blocks! Don't you love them when they're all trimmed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home