Friday, October 17, 2008

woo hoo it's Friday night



I love this Friday night-it's my last being on my own and I know I will be able to sleep in tomorrow until I wake up. I buckled down and tidied up the fabric room-there is now plenty of room for Alice and her porta-crib to spend the night. I have been meaning to make a new pillow case for a pillow I came across that would be perfect for when she spends the night here. I am showing the before and after -I am not such a fan of creepy Halloween stuff. However, these bugs are exactly my type! (click for a larger view)
I have more of this flannel fabric for a pair of pants for Alice. I am looking forward to an Alice weekend and fitting in quilting as I can. I grocery shopped and stoc
ked up on all her favorites. We are supposed to have sunny days this weekend and playing at the park will be at the top of her list of things to do. And, here is a photo of the space she will be sleeping in tomorrow night.


I will take down the big ironing board that the quilt is over there on the right side-plenty of room for a small crib - eventually we will get a twin trundle bed when she graduates to a "big" bed.
PS- the hanging quilts were not made by me- two were made by children in Africa for a fund raiser I contributed to and the other is by Bonnie M. Bucknam, called The Edge of the World 2007-she was a vendor at our guild show with wonderful hand dyed fabrics and a few pieces to showcase her fabrics-this was my big birthday gift that year. I have not found the right spot to hang it up as yet. She lives in Vancouver WA.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

The room looks so cute and cheerful. I hope you enjoy your visit and that you have sunny days in the park.

Squeeze Alice for me.

Darilyn

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Cher, it looks much neater in there and very pretty with the quilts hanging up.

Not sure that I remember seeing any of those quilts. Hope you and Alice have a wonderful time today!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

Is that the room that you use for sewing? it looks very interesting. I would like to sleep there myself. although I would be too busy looking to sleep.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Finn said...

The roon looks great...I love the additional decorating for Alice! *VBS* And a super neat pillowcase. I think those bugs will be a great pair of pants too! Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home