Wednesday, October 15, 2008

the quilting I am doing tonight

Click to enlarge and see where the green thread is to know the current quilting area, under the" is"
I watched the final Season 5 Runway show tonight and the designer I had been rooting for (Leeann from Portland OR) won! woohoo! I had to holler all by myself...being home alone and all. And during this show and others this is the quilting I have been getting done. I had to go find a glass in the kitchen to help draw half arcs (see the green thread??) as my curve sketching was not coming out the way I wanted. I am taking my time doing this hand quilting and really enjoying myself. I will finish across and then decide what and where to quilt next. I am making it up as I go along and loving it.
My workplace finally put up a firewall so I can no longer read my yahoo email at work on breaks.
drats! It was such a help to be able to pop on and shoot off a quick email or get some reading time in. Oh well. I think I will just have to leave my desk and take a quilting break instead.
Tomorrow night I need to go over to the kids and give some lessons in pruning to my dil. She is a budding gardener and I am mentoring her a bit. Always fun to go over to their house and visit.
Alice is coming on Saturday to spend the night-we can hardly wait!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

You're having fun with these letters, aren't you! Another darling project well underway.

I too was pulling for the OR girl! Woohoo!

It's so fun that you and your DIL can share your love and knowledge for gardening. Enjoy the Alice weekend coming up!

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kindness is turning out really wild...good work! I love having a handquilting project this time of year, currently have a couple to grab when I am in the mood. Keep working on it and you'll be done before you know it.

I was so frustrated when I could no longer read blogs at work, never did want to open my email on my work system, didn't want my info 'stored for life'. Now I am home free with all email coming across my Blackberry, sure keeps my online time at home down~offering me more time to sew.

Time with LMAIW...whoo hoo!!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a cheerful quilt.

Darilyn

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

It is nice to have a little solitary time, isn't it? I was rooting for Leanne too :- )

Those firewalls can be a real bugger when it comes to the fun stuff!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Guess that firewall business was inevitable so it was fun while it lasted?

Your quilt is coming along nicely-- so bright and fun. Relaxing to do the hand work in the evenings.

Enjoy the quiet time while you can, I say. It will make you appreciate M and Z more on their return. Projecting here but I know I like having the house to myself on golf mornings. I tolerate the TV blasting a bit more easily come evening time if I have had some peace and quiet at some point during the day.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Finn said...

The quilt is just fabulous Cher! I absolutely love it! And good for you, for deciding to take your time, make the choices you want in the quilting and enjoy the process!
Definitely a sign of a mature quilter, comfortable in her choices. It's a whole different voice than many hear *VBS* I also cheered LeeAnn on to victory on Wed. evening, she was my choice all along also!! Big hugs, Finn

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Definitely a "wild" quilt

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

I love your quilting choices on this and wheee, you're having fun doing it - all great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home