Thursday, September 25, 2008

on vacation, Thursday morning

well, a short check-in.  Another charity top completed last night, a ufo from 2006 with one finished block and tons of centers cut, many side triangles but not enough for the 35 blocks I needed for the top.  I also finished the hand stitching on the binding of the king size quilt.  I will add the label/sleeve once we are back home this coming weekend.  I realized I needed to finish all the cutting for the Judy Neimeyer quilt, Indian Summer before I could sit down and stitch away.

She has you do all the prep upfront so then you can chain piece all the blocks. I am down to the last 3 sets to cut.  My plan is to then do all the next step she recommends, which is glue the first triangle in place and set up the next 2 pieces.  She also has you drawing the lines on the back side of the papers...so you can know you have the seam allowance covered.  Because all the pieces you use are pre-cut to work with the layout of the pattern-you really need that guide line.  And, as it's been since May when I took her class, I am having to think hard to get back in this groove.  I have three cutting only projects, another more challenging ufo project, and the handquilting as my choices if I need a break from this Indian Summer one.  Or, come play on the computer, read, walk on the rainy beach, watch tv/dvds, play with the dogs, nap, go into town.  After all, it is vacation-and I am not going to feel chained to doing anything I do not want to.  It is fun getting around blogs a bit and seeing what everyone has been doing-so much inspiration!  

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Noob question. Do you use actual quilt paper or freezer paper or what for the base?

I'm so glad you're having a great vacation. It sounds heavenly. :)

Hoping for some more fun filled restful days for you.

Best regards,
Darilyn

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Sounds like you are getting a lot done both sewing and relaxing! I have no UFOs to report! LOL!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

Vacation at the beach sounds lovely. All that cutting before sewing sounds less than lovely to me! As long as you're having fun, that's all that counts :- )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home