Sunday, December 14, 2008

first word house

I finally finished this block today-my kick off to the house and hearth class by Tonya-
I will be making more blocks as I find time - I have been Christmas decorating around the house and deep cleaning as well. A snow storm hit our area today and here is a view out our front door- such gusting wind it blew snow all over the patio furniture under cover against the house. Foul weather outside certainly makes me appreciate being warm and cozy inside! It is supposed to be dry but 24 degrees tomorrow- I probably will drive in to work unless the news says it is icy. I can drive in snow fine- ice, no thanks. We are getting the brunt of an Arctic wind effect here. I have been busy with plenty of non quilting stuff going on around here-I know it will start to slack off soon and I am looking forward to being home more.




Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Great house block, Cher!

Brrrr. That picture of the snow makes me cold. We got the same wind but it looks like you kept the snow on your side of the border!

Drive safely tomorrow!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Great block and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

Darilyn

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Now that looks like fun, Cher.

I looked for you once yesterday afternoon and didn't see you online so you must have gone on into work?

Hope that the frigid air has moved on outta there.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Nice block.
What a crazy week for weather. I also took pictures of that yucky white stuff. Big reason why we move here from the Eastcoast. I went to work on Monday, out of 16 people only 7 of us showed up.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, the house block is great! And much nicer to look at than your snowy patio! I was quite surprised to hear on the news how hard OR/WA were getting hit by that winter storm. I know the snow usually stays in the higher elevations. Miserable outside but a great chance to do inside things. Take care, have a holly, jolly Holiday. Hugs, Finn

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Magpie Sue said...

I like your "fun house!" Are you guys in danger of getting the next storm too? DH is out right now, stocking us up with food and batteries.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

Fun indeed! Have a great time with these.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home