Sunday, September 29, 2013

Halloween quilt ready to donate,plus the next one in prgress

About a year ago I bought fabrics for this Halloween quilt-despite a lot of  effort and done over blocks, in the end it did not turn out as well as I had hoped.  The colors muddied too much , I ran out of the light purple, and I could not arrange the blocks quite how I truly envisioned
M however, loved it and thought we should display it this year.  As she is out of state and won't be back until sometime in November, I am overruling that suggestion and sending it off to wraptheminlove as another quilt towards my goal of 13 for this year.  I backed it with a leopard print flannel which had been meant for an entirely different project but that was years ago and I decided it worked great for this top.  I still have a lot of flannel stash to use up, this barely made a dent!
.  Next up was the final donation panel to cut apart and turn into blocks.  A good opportunity to share the process I use as I have taken photos twice so far of progress on it.
First is the first squares cut and arranged and second is the first round of sashing.
Sorry, they loaded in reverse order!  But you can see which is which!  My plan is to add a new fabric to sash all of the :"blocks" and get the entire top up to the 40 ish by 60 ish size it needs to be.  Backing is ready 
and batting as well.  It's going to be an extra busy and hopefully not too stressful work week ahead.

So I want to get as far as possible on this panel top tonight.  Then see how my energy level holds up after work each evening.  

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love that Halloween quilt! I see why M wanted to hang on to it. :)

The book panel quilt is going to be gorgeous when it is done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home