Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 - new year, new word

Last year was Center...and I have to admit it did not factor into my quilting inspiration but it did manifest in my personal inner growth.  Turning 60 proved to be a bigger deal than I imagined.  Turning any age in ending in a zero is a "bigger" deal than one might think.  It  depends on your perspective, and being a number person-it triggers bigger trends in my brain.

 My yearly physical proved I failed in being physically active enough  and paying attention to what I ate to decrease my "bad" cholesterol.  It increased from the previous year-so time to "wake up" and pay attention to what I do each day to take care of that.
So, I am making my 60's the decade of  focus on cementing the healthy mental attitude to go along with  developing the healthy physical changes I need to make.  Of course, those habits need to go on the rest of my life.  The whole mindset of thinking you can just do as you please and "get away" with it catches up with you at some point.
Most of what I spend my time doing involves sitting...work, hobbies, watching movies and/or tv, being on the computer at home ...of course, fitting in movement can be done.  I just need to do it LOL.

This year my word is Love.  I can factor that in to my life in so many ways...both outward and inward.

I will start by making an appointment with myself to blog on a regular basis ...putting Love here.

And, here is  my first 2014 quilt finish photo.  It is number 11 of my 2013 goal of wraptheminlove donation quilts, 13 for 2013.  I am extending my goal through this month ...with number 12 top getting some progress made today.

I had a top made from doing a jellyroll race with my pals the FABS a few years ago, and here it is finally a completed quilt ready to donate.  I will complete the last two of my goal before mailing them off to headquarters for Wraptheminlove- see side bar for more info on this charity.

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Great post, Cher! And sending you and our partner hopes for lots of love in all ways this year!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

This turned out well, Cher. You'll get to goal, I know.

New word to center you and strive for. Go, Cher, go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home