Sunday, January 19, 2014

introducing Murphy, our latest family addition

After Zoe passed away over a year ago, M got involved with Oregon Dog Rescue.  Months went by and I would go on  weekends( not all of them)  and walk dogs with her and support their cause.   
In due course, M brought home a few dogs for foster care at our home.  Often a dog needs a one on one living situation for a variety of reasons.  When Murphy came to our house, I quickly got the message that he was very special and M was really pushing that we keep him.  I did not feel really ready to have a young dog , as he is about 11 months old according to our vet, come live with us.  However, he really is a wonderful fit for what we wanted in our next dog.  He gets along great with all other dogs.  He is a lover...meaning he loves to snuggle with us on the couch.  He is a schnauzer-terrier mix and quite smart.  The only hurdle was getting him not to howl in his crate at night.  It took several nights of trying different approaches before we found a positive and loving way to help him be happier in his "jail".  I have to say, by the fourth sleep challenged night, I was ready to give up!  But, I also knew he would settle down and of course he did.

 Here he is after romping around fetching his beloved fish (yes, that orange object above his head is a no longer gurgling fish) having a snooze.  It's hard to get him to sit still for a photo, but, I will try another time to post a better close up!
Keeping him out of trouble has slowed down my getting much done in the sewing room..however, I am currently half way through the next donation top.  He is a loving and lovable distraction so I have a good excuse for not getting as much done right now!
Off to go snuggle on the couch...



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Love Murphy's name! We've had three schnauzers...two were mixes and I loved them all dearly. They can be howlers but boy do they love with open and deep hearts! I am so glad you shared him with us! Looking forward to more Murphy stories!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

What a sweetie! I am glad that you were able to open your heart and home to a new dogger. A house can be a little empty without a dog or cat companion.

I know my dad always wanted a schnauzer but never got one, taking in two of us girl's dogs when we could not keep them in apartment situations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home