Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I gave in to pinning

I was feeling sluggish- so I made myself go look for batting and within an hour the charity top was sandwiched.
Now when I feel like quilting-it's ready to go. I am pulling binding from the scrap binding box- all those tail ends of binding go in there for just such a quilt.

I was chatting online and cutting/sorting- decided to go keep my sweetie company and cut and watch football at the same time...well, my eyes will be on the rotary cutter-I assure you!

I apparently at some point did some scrap sorting-so I am taking a few large plastic bags and dealing with them- either labeling and putting together same size scraps or cutting them into the sizes I am collecting.

Much more time doing quilty stuff than 5 minutes today. Leftovers for dinner helped keep me out of the kitchen for the most part.
thanks for all the nice comments- it's good to be encouraged along this stash busting path.

5 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea for bindings- I always throw out the ends, thinking I'll never use them, but I could use them all together one day! :-) Thanks for sharing that!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I think scrappy bindings look great but are a pain to make from scratch.

I have a large bin of leftover bindings too - my Mom saves hers for me and I keep my own. I plan on using them on the two scappy log cabin quilts I'm working on now.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Finn said...

I've loved the scrappy binding look for quite a few years now. It seems so natural on a scrap quilt...so why not?? Plus its another thing that gets used instead of pitched out.

Good for you for deciding to get on top of those scraps. I've gotta do the same...again!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Granny said...

I just threw away tails off four bindings. I should start keeping those for scrap bindings on scrap quilts. Thanks for the idea!

Judy

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I also throw those scraps away...and sometimes it's a WHOLE strip! Not smart! Thanks for this great tip!
Hugs
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home