Friday, February 17, 2006

vacation update

For those of you wanting to be on vacation with me: today brought the opportunity to sleep in...so of course I woke up at seven am and could not get back to sleep. sheesh. After a leisurely coffee drinking/computer reading time/ eat breakfast period the day kicked off. We did some errands and shopping for the upcoming tea party (over at a place called Harry's-which was just too much fun!) and tracked down comfortable earphones for my ipod listening pleasure. I still need to actually test drive them, but, at least they are purchased and available. We had a nice lunch out- I ordered coconut shrimp-as my friends know, one of my favorite "fattening" foods-and my sister had crab cakes...also yummy. One of the nice things between my sister and I is the ability to eat off each other's plates- we will frequently order different things so we each can try the others. Then, we checked out bedroom furniture for her...before heading over to a friends for dinner and out to a play.
I highly recommend going and seeing Bad Dates, written by Theresa Rebeck- a very funny and sort of "sex and the city" style comedy-thriller. It's currently playing at Horizon Theatre in Little Five Points (Atlanta,GA)...until March 19th. It's a real small building where every seat is a great seat. It features one actress doing the play-and she was excellent-quite an entertaining evening.

Came home to a nice quiet peaceful sleeping nephews house. These are teen-agers...so being a Friday night...and knowing no adults for the evening- we thought possible party night might happen-nice to not have that concern borne out.

My son had left a message - so I called him back to hear how the sonagram went-they think they are having a girl but due to placement of the cord, could not be positive.
The names they have picked out are Sophia for a girl and Alexander for a boy-great names as far as I am concerned..but then, I am so thrilled at the idea of becoming a grandma whatever names they like are great with me. What can I say? I love babies and babies love me...I will have all the fun and none of the sleepless nights.

What's up for tomorrow?? Finally- some hand quilting time for me...and later in the day a visit over at my brothers- a chance to see Cody with his quilt and all of us playing cards and having dinner together. I need to remember to ask my sis to bring her ditigal camera and I can get some photos! I don't have any with Cody and his quilt...that would be great to have for sure.

Life is good:
a sunny day with bright blue skies
loving phone conversations
the taste blend of coconut shrimp/pineapple salsa
wonderful email from friends
laughing until the tears run down your face

4 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a fun day. :)

Thanks for sharing all the fun.

Hugs.
Darilyn

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Debra Dee said...

Oh my, I feel so rested and full after living a really fun day through you. Keep up the activities....I'm lovin' this vacation.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic day. Howzat for the nephews being asleep on a Friday night - great stuff LOL.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Congratulations Grandma !! And a big hug for your new status..*S* SOunds like you are having a wonderful time..so glad there is both work and play..and fun, fun, fun to make up for that Jet lag..Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home