Friday, May 26, 2006

with each top, there comes a back


of course I whipped out this back in next to no time-( I am just showing the upper part,click for a larger view) I am waiting to hear back from my longarm quilter...can't she hear my foot tapping? She is probably still in shock over hearing my voice-it's been over a year since I had her do a quilt.
I still need to cut the binding which will be black. I know that won't be my favorite job-black on black in several spots will challenge my eyes :-) and I know you all can easily imagine my delight in having this project done for now. I was able to acheive all my May suggestions! and it's not even the end of May either, how great is that?? I am pulling out the next ufo in line. It's the one I showed a while ago-the one that my small group helped make hourglass blocks for. I think a few of those are still out there...somewhere. I will work on what I have here-plenty to keep me out of trouble! Plus, I can start choosing a pattern for the pooh quilt that is next on the grandbaby list to do. A finish really charges your quilty battery! And if this rain is going to keep on, I may as well quilt the time away.

5 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I was a regular long-arm customer until I had a baby and moved 2X - so I took a 2 year break! My long-arm quilter was wondering if I feel into the babyland black hole by the time I called her to let her know I was back at it again and piecing up a storm!

I like your backing - I am beginning to think some of my larger prints/odd assortments are destined for backings! I hate to cut the designs small, but what else to do? Backings are the perfect solution.

It is raining here too - all month. Sigh. Well, the grass is green...

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

The critters and jungle leaves are perfect!
Jeanne

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Wow..wow...wow! All those May goals accomplished??? I am major type impressed girl!!

I might have to rethink my goals...LOL. I've had "slippage" in May, I confess. So far only one UFO completed..rather than my magnificant 3 of Jan, Feb, March and April...*S* Yup, slippage!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

You are really going like the wind ! Applause from here Cher :-)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Fun Back! Geez, I get busy for a few days and I miss everything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home