Monday, July 03, 2006

Alice blankie photo



I finished this up a bit ago...in the morning I will write on the pooh side-a very simple label and write on the pooh quilt label too. Then it's back to slaving in the backyard before it gets too warm. Next up: sewing binding and hanging sleeve on the wonky village. There is plenty of time for handwork in the evenings. The plaid flannel is sooo much brighter in person! Of course now I wish I had more of it as well as the blue version and the green version I used to have ....love those brights! But, of course I have been on a quest to use up all my flannel...and so, luckily there was this perfect pink piece left for Alice. She will get other colors...I was smothered in pink growing up and hated it with a passion by the time I was 9. As I said, this is a very simple blanket.

It's late and even though I am going to sleep in a little-it's time to call it a night!

8 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Your mom's favorite color was pink so I suspect that was why she dreseed, etc you in it plus I bet it went well with your dark hair.

Who started all that pink for girls and blue for boys stuff anyway? We all seem to adhere to it to a degree.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

My sister and I grew up in a pink room. And it didn't take long for us to grow to hate that color! I think I was in my mid 20s before I started to like it a bit and now while it's not my favorite color - that would be red - I do like it and have quite a bit in my stash. But my sister still can't stand it.

And it was also my Mom's favorite color. :-)

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, I think your blankie is just what is needed. Nothing wrong with simple...we have quilt making that takes care of "more effect and takes long". A slice of bread doesn't lose any of it's selfworth just because croissants came on the scene...LOL. Give that sweet baby a kiss on the forehead for me. Hugs, Finn

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Judith said...

I just love that blankie.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Looks like a nice cuddly quilt - just right for a sweet baby.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Love your little blankie, Cher! I used to LOVE pink...then went through a I'm-too-mature to like pink. Now I LOVE fuschia!!! Variety is good.

Sounds like you're quite good at balancing your time with your new little Alice and her parents. I wouldn't be able to raise my kids if it weren't for my parents. They are there in a heartbeat when I need them.

Enjoy the rest of your week. Sounds like we're about to get your heatwave. Yuck!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I smothered my daughter with pink when she was little. I had 3 brothers. And got hand me downs from them. I didn't have any frilly pink girly things. No wonder I was a tom boy. Your lucky to be close to Alice.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Isn't choosing between time in your garden and time at your sewing machine just the "bestest" of choices? And now you have a third choice - time with Alice. That would be the very "bestest."
I can just see that quilt in her little fist and near her heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home