Saturday, June 10, 2006

all through the night

I easily was the last quilter still up stitching away-and I am finally calling it good. I completed all my stars and chains blocks. I was up until 2 am last night, tonight it's 3 am...wonder if I will catch breakfast at 8 am? plenty of snacks abound..I won't starve!

A charming older gal took over my stash bin late in the evening and put all like colors together, folded, and generally neaten it up LOL...I thanked her nicely. Tomorrow I will look again at what I need for the setting blocks..I think I may be raiding that stash bin for greens, or begging them from fellow quilters. I think I want to get all the blocks together into a top and then switch to either cutting scraps or figuring out what I am going to make with the pooh fabrics. Tough decisions! I am very lucky, they have an elevator so considering we are sewing in the basement and I am sleeping on the 2nd floor-it helps to save my knees on all the stair climbing that would mean. This retreat center is out in a wooded area- gorgeous trees surround us. If the weather clezrs, I may consider a short hike. Not likely however. I am having a lot of fun and enjoying putting the petal to the metal. ok...really need to grab some sleep before the sun comes up!

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

you lucky duck---off retreating! Didn't you know you would have internet access while you were gone so I didn't check your blog till right now. Hope you are having a great time but I want to hear all about it when you get home.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Ohh, and we want to see pictures of all your progress too!

I'm a night person, and am often the last one sewing at our retreats too!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Uh oh, looks like someone is having too much fun to go to bed.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Sounds like you are getting lots and lots done...can't wait to see pictures..*VBS*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home