Sunday, October 15, 2006

49er wall hanging progress #1


as promised: I have a third done-here is the start of the middle vertical row...I put in a sleeve piece to fill a gap between row 1 and row 2 start...I sprayed sizing on the shirts to help "stiffen" them up..which has worked-ok-ish...this is a method that would not work well if you want real precise stitching...but, I am doing my own thing..and it's working great for what I am doing.
I can't tell you how much fun I am having - in my jammies, stitching, cutting, pressing, fitting, etc on this project. Now I am considering adding stablisher around the edges of the tee shirt wall hanging, so I could add black regular fabric on for a border...it's only an idea right now..first I want the body of this done and then I can see where I want to go next. It's only 2:15 pm my time, so plenty of day still left.

6 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Looking good! I admire all you ladies who have made t-shirt quilts with eagerness and gusto - that's one kind of quilt I have no desire to make. I will if need be I'm sure.

I keep thinking of you and how long it's been since we've gotten together. I really want to do another scrap cutting session - if you have any left! - but life has just been so hectic. Now I have to get the Northwest Medical Teams quilt quilted before I do anything else. The back is loaded and I'm fluffing the batting in the dryer right now. It scares me a little that I'm going to be gone for 5 days, and another 2.5 at the beginning of November for another retreat. When I'm home I'll have to do nothing but quilt. Maybe by the middle to end of November? I certainly hope so!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Shoot, wish I could see you all covered in threads in your jammies, stitching away and sipping coffee...*VBS* Those all describe my most favorite way "to be"...and with me, it's NOT just on a Sunday...*VBS* Happy, happy stitching...the quilt is looking great! Hugs, Finn

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

THe quilt looks like it is going to be very large. I can't imagine trying to work with tshirt fabric. What about iron-on interfacing on the back? Yours is looking fine so I guess your way is working! How are you going to quilt it?

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Sounds like you had a terrific weekend with loved ones and quilts. What more is there?!

Your 49er quilt is progressing quite nicely. Love the freedom you're experiencing...sounds fun!

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think t-shirt quilts are a great idea. It's looking good!

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having so much fun with this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home