Sunday, October 15, 2006

at last a quilty day

It's a rainy day-yesterday I declared today would be my guilt free quilty day. I planted 50 daffodil bulbs yesterday-came home from buying them and got them right in. Went by to spend some time with Alice and were invited back for dinner-Oxtail stew. My son makes his own beef stock-it was delicious! I love how we always talk cooking when we eat together. Alice was her usual adorable self..we left her having her after bath bottle-getting ready for her long evening sleep.
This morning I slept in late-and have spent time clearing the sewing table, putting stuff away, helping locate a missing item out in the garage (honey, what is in this tub? honey, help me put this back up on top, honey?) thankfully it was finally located not in a box, but in a bag LOL! I am going to fix the hem on one more tee shirt , then start in on the tee shirt wall hanging. It's laid out on the bed so I can keep track of which piece goes where. Once I have a few stitched together I will take a photo and post. I also need to take a photo of the start of another Cher scrappy style charity quilt-taught my small quilt group Thursday night my approach to grab and stitch-it was a wonderfully fun time stitching with these gals. I am starting to see the end of the overflowing bin of scraps I have been working on all this year to empty. I may accomplish that goal this year after all. So, it's a lovely day ahead for me...what are you up to today??

6 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

must feel good to see the possibility of the scrap bin being empty...

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Joyce said...

Glad to hear you are sewing. I did a bit of dyeing and sewing the binding on my Wonky Log Cabin. Not my favorite thing, but it means it's almost done. Yay!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

rainy days - bleah. when you mention rain i think of what you said about paris getting the same kind of weather you have there. yuckies. the daffodils will be wonderful in the spring - nice burst of color when you need it. Glad you got some stitching time in.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

How do you manage to keep ahead of the scrap bin? I swear the scraps reproduce when you aren't looking!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

Quilty days are great...sounds like you are having a good weekend!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Finn said...

I'm absolutely delighted to see your post again..I've missed you!
But I know you have lots to do!!!

Hurray for Oxtail Soup, sure sounds good! And baby Alice sounds even better..*VBS* I can hardly wait to see what you are up to with your scraps. Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home